Hi, welcome back. This week I’d like to review a blog (like Adlington and Feez did in Reading, Writing and Co-authorship in Blogs).
This blog I wanted to analyze is new to me. I started by searching google.com for "blogger.com soccer” and looked a several results. After clicking a few links I chose soccer-blogger because it had a minimalist layout and I could see it was current and had lots of content.
https://www.soccer-blogger.com/
This first thing that stood out was there was a post already today. Then I noticed to the right “Recent Posts”. See above.
To start, I clicked “About us” link to get to learn a little more about the blogger. There was a short biography. They used “we” seeming to mean there were several contributors. After the short bio there was a section called 18 thoughts on “About us”, really just comments, dating back from 2012.
Next, I clicked “Contact”. It only spelled out an email address, maybe to prevent spamming. contact(at) ( thisdomainname.com)
Then I went back to the main page thinking to scroll all the way down to the bottom of the site. Along the way I noticed many posts and lots of pictures. I noticed pictures of line ups and statistics.
I stopped at a post that analyzed a Nations League semi-final game between Germany vs. Portugal in June. The figure had the line ups and formation with player ratings. Also, the figure included game statistics like time of possession and shots on goal. When I clicked “Read more” link it expanded the post and had more pictures and more analysis. Turns out the first graphic was from a German sports website, there was also graphics and analysis from the Portuguese and Spanish perspective. To me that was very interesting to show multiple perspectives, very cool!
I went back to the main page and continued to scroll to the bottom post. It was from December 2023. It had analysis about Sevilla Manager Diego Alonso (at the time), several graphics and a trivia question. There were also tags and categories. I clicked “Read More” and it expanded the post. Additionally there were “Related Posts:” and links to five linked blog posts. Finally there was a “Leave a Comment” section where you can post if you enter your name and email address.
To the right of the page I noticed a several sidebar boxes. There were “Recent Posts” and Recent Comment” sections to search for other recent content. There is a “Follow us on Facebook/Twitter” with links to social media sites to interact on other social media sites. There is a “Blogroll” box with links to other related or sister sites. There was a “Tags” box with alphabetical tags, some of the works were bigger and smaller, seeming to indicate popularity. Finally, there is an “Archives” drop down where you could search by Month and Year.
Overall the site seemed very credible and informative. The posts that I looked provided lots of information and multiple sources and perspectives. The site was also easy to navigate. I didn’t notice ads like I did on some other blogs I clicked on, which was great. The used tags and links. There was a comment box on most posts for feedback. All in all very organized and thought out. I will be following on social media.

No comments:
Post a Comment